Brain Working Recursive Therapy
BWRT stands for Brain Working Recursive Therapy®.
It is a therapy that has been developed from the latest research results into how the brain processes incoming signals and the speed at which it does it.
- BWRT replaces undesirable automatic responses with new preferred responses.
- BWRT is generally content-free – no need to spend time explaining events.
- BWRT works with the part of your brain that is ahead of your conscious thought.
- BWRT generally takes between 1 and 5 sessions, depending on the presenting issue.
- For your convenience, all therapy sessions are conducted online, using Zoom.
Life is rarely straight forward. You may well have lost control of your emotions and reactions from time to time. No matter how committed you are to overcoming a negative behaviour or thought pattern, no matter how much you want to change, when that certain trigger strikes you just seem to react automatically.
The reptilian brain scans the incoming signals from the bodies 5 senses, looking for patterns. When a pattern of impulses is recognised, it starts an automatic stored response. We don’t become aware of the automatic response for over half a second (a very long time in brain terms). By then, everything is in full flight and its difficult to take control!
BWRT uses a looping process to store new preferred responses in the reptilian complex so in the future, when the brain recognises incoming signals it will make you think, feel and respond in the way you want to.
BWRT is a rapid change therapy. Most problems can be resolved within a couple of sessions and even more complex issues can be usually resolved within 4-5 sessions. Traditional forms of therapy can take months or even years to get the same results.
With BWRT, it is not necessary for you to talk about anything you would rather not discuss – If you can imagine how you would like to think and feel, then BWRT can help you.
BWRT Level 1 can be used to help with the following issues;
- Panic attacks
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Exam anxiety
- Social Phobia
- Success Inhibition
- Fear of failure
- All types of Performance Anxiety
- Self Worth/Self-Confidence Issues
- Fear of Authority
- Relationship Issues
Four Level 2 sessions are initially required for the more complex issues listed below and must be paid for in advance;
- Eating Disorders
- Binge eating and drinking
- Sexual obsession/addiction
- Porn addiction
- Bullying (relationship or school)
- Substance Abuse
Please note: BWRT is not intended to replace any necessary Detox Routines for Alcoholism or Substance Abuse but to work as an adjunct either alongside or after.
This website has been partly funded with help from the
ERDF Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Covid 19 Recover Scheme.
Online Zoom appointments can be booked below
(All you need is a device and privacy)